Outdoors at Three Bears
Outdoor play and exploration is a vital part of a child's learning and development. We have created an environment to support children's physical development and provides different play surfaces and spaces for different experiences.
Read more about the importance of physical activity in early years children by following these links:
Our outdoor environment encompasses a wide range of different areas for the children to play in, learn and explore:
- A large play space in the front of the nursery in which we set up different activities such as water play, construction, large chalk drawings and children's free play. there is a mud kitchen and 'woodland cottage' on a barked area also.
- A roadway area for children to ride bikes and scooters around. As well as this being one of our children's favourite features its also great for us to teach them about road safety, practicing crossing the road, using the zebra crossing and the meaning of the different colours on the traffic light and green/ red man sign.
- Our outdoor classroom in the form of a hut is a space for the children can sit in groups for stories, singing, circle time and other group activities.
- A planting and growing area where the children have helped to plant seeds, flowers and vegetables
- An outdoor home corner and mud kitchen
- Logs and balancing beams
- Story area under the trees on the bark
- An outdoor construction area on the bark
- Soft play areas for the babies and goldilocks children to allow them to confidently walk and crawl around to explore the outdoor environment.