About Us and Our Ethos
- Happiness of our children, staff team and parents are all a vital part of our ethos.
- Positive Relationships between our staff, children and parents alike are valued. High levels of well being and involvement of each child result in the children being more engaged and excited to learn and grow.
- Individuality is recognised at Three Bears. We take a holistic approach to each child's early years development as every child is different and unique in the way they grow and develop with different interests in door and outdoors.
- Learning through Play and Exploration and recognising opportunities for risky play are central in our ethos in the setting. We know from experience that children learn most effectively through playing and exploring, active learning and being able to be creative and problem solve in their own ways. (Characteristics of Effective Learning, EYFS Development Matters, DfE 2012)
- Equality and individuality are celebrated at the nursery, we pride ourselves in recognising and learning about the different cultures of the children attending our setting, we celebrate different festivals from around the world and teach our children different traditions old and new.
- Enabling Environments stimulate the children to explore and gain different physical, sensory and mental experiences.
What do our parents have to say about their experience?
"The staff and other children at Three Bears have become like a second family after 18 months and he looks forward to going every day and playing with his friends. I don't have any concerns about his wellbeing or happiness when we drop him off which is such a reassurance when going to work." - Big Bears Parent December 2017
"I'm continually amazed with how much he is learning each week which is all thanks to the staffs input and energy in all activities. The nursery food is always diverse and healthy and most days I hear he had second helpings." - Big Bears Parent December 2017
"I chose Three Bears, as I particularly liked that it was a smaller nursery and felt very warm and friendly, I wasn't disappointed and won't hesitate sending our second child there!" - Preschool Parent December 2018
"Our daughter has thrived since she started and has learned so much more than we could ever have taught her ourselves! She is so ready to start reception and we know she will excel there from everything she has learnt with you Thankyou so much for everything, lots of love and appreciation" - 2018 Preschool Leaver
"Thankyou so much for everything you have done for our daughter since she joined Three Bears in January 2017. She has loved coming to pre-school and has made some great friends. She has grown and developed into a kid and confident little girl" - 2018 Preschool Leaver
"Thank you for having such a wonderful nursery, full of great staff, ideas for new learning opportunities and best of all, happy and vibrant children. You have always been so accommodating and friendly. We will miss Three Bears Nursery and always have a place for it in my heart." - 2018 Preschool Leaver
"To all of the amazing staff at Three Bears Nursery. Thank you!! You do such a wonderful job helping these little people grow and become their own identities." - 2017 Preschool Leaver
"We just wanted to say a big thank you for everything you have taught our child. I am amazed at how much knowledge he has gained and its thanks to you all! He knows all his jolly Phonics and even Spanish! We are so proud of him and you all made him the little man he is today." - 2017 Preschool Leaver
"Thank you all so very much for looking after our child so well for the last 3 years. We look forward to our son joining you in a few months time. You are all heroes in our eyes." - 2017 Preschool Leaver
"I would like to say a massive thank you to you all for looking after our child so , so well over the past 3 years. She has loved her time with you and you have all shown her the greatest care. We are so grateful to you all for the cuddles and much more especially the Spanish lessons. We are happy to be keeping our other daughter here so its not the end completely!" - 2017 Preschool Leaver
Our Staff Team
Manager- Jean Taha
Deputy Manager- Dawn Eyre
Operations Manager- Laila Taha
We have a range of qualifications without our staff team. These include BA(Hons) degrees in Early Years and Early Childhood Studies, our Deputy Manager holds the EYP Status and other members of our team have Level 2 and 3 qualifications in childcare.
Our staff are given new training opportunities regularly as we value a high quality and motivated team of individuals working within the setting. Our staff are paediatric first aid trained, and have completed safeguarding training as well as training in other areas.
We ensure that we regularly update and review our policies and procedures in the setting, these are available for staff and parents alike to request to view at any time.
At 3 Bears Nursery we are members of...